The Minturn Cemetery District was established in 1945 for the purpose of caring for and maintaining the
Cemetery at 806 Cemetery Road in Minturn, Colorado, known today as the River View Cemetery. Public
funding for the cemetery is provided for by a property tax mill levy assessment within the Town of
Minturn, the Town of Vail, and the area between Minturn and the Route 6 Café in Eagle-Vail. The Board
of Directors is appointed by the Eagle county Commissioner’s office and consists of three members,
none of which are paid. The duties of the Board of Directors is to oversee the fiscal facilitation and
general operation/staffing of the River View Cemetery.