LinkedIn is more than just a professional resume website. You can use it for more than just promoting yourself and your business ventures. LinkedIn has a blogging platform where you can to share your personal skills, opinions, experiences, and expertise. Blogging on LinkedIn can help you in a variety of ways. In fact, It would help you in a very similar way to when blogging on your own individual web site. If you have decided to continue blogging on your own website then it is important that you are aware of the best blog sites. Additionally, It can help you share content from any other blog that you write with a wider audience and display your knowledge in that area. Your blog coupled with your resume and experience on LinkedIn can boost your business, if you’re looking to do this you can look into how to create a blog. Here are some ways you can start blogging on LinkedIn:
- To begin with, you need to know how to create a blog post. From your home page, find the toolbar that says “share an update”. Once you find that bar, click on “publish a post”. From there, the link will take you to a blank blog post. Insert a title, the body of your blog post, and some pictures to get viewer’s attention, and voila! You created a LinkedIn blog post.
- When deciding what to blog about on LinkedIn, think about what you want to promote. LinkedIn is an excellent place for self-promotion. With your profile page being a large personal resume, the LinkedIn blog would be a great supplemental way to promote your skills and attributes. Sharing your knowledge of the field that you work in is a great way to show people that you know what you are talking about.
- Write posts that will keep your current network engaged as well as draw in new people. You might have a loyal group of followers, but that won’t help if you’re not bringing in new readers. And completely writing for new readers will let down your returning followers. Find a happy medium and write for as many people in your network that you can.
- Explore other LinkedIn blog posts before you begin writing. See what else is out there and find topics that are hot to professionals in your field right now. Keeping your blog posts up to date and centered on topics that are currently trending will help you gain and keep your audience’s attention.
- Follow the same blogging rules that you would follow on any other site. Don’t forget everything else you know about blogging. Choose a catchy title and use lists for a simpler format. Write the same as you do on any other platform.
Blogging on LinkedIn can open up brand new doors for you and your business. Your blog posts can reach new professionals and help you to expand your already existing network. Don’t be afraid to show off what you know. You can’t use a custom blog designer to create an aesthetically pleasing page but this is the best place for you to exhibit your knowledge and wisdom. It will build your credibility as a professional in your field. Use LinkedIn blog posts as a type of self-promotion. Invest a little time in promoting yourself, and you will see it pay off before you know it. Feel like you don’t have the time to blog? Blogging for your business is one more service we offer!